We are very happy to announce that phase one #theschoolthatbridesbuilt is COMPLETE!
We would like to thank the 322 clients that helped us build the new MARYLAND ARTS CENTER in Marlow Heights Maryland! Because of you and your desire to support creatives for your event, we accomplished the following over the last 3 years:
• Creation of the Maryland Arts Center!
• Established 4 signature programs
Teen Beats Studio Program Launch
National YoungArts Feeder Program Launch
Established Out-Of-School Time training programs
• You helped us hire 42 Independent Contractors! Thank you!
, hire over 42 contractors and build the facility designed specifically for YOUTH CREATIVES and ARTISTS-AT-HEART! We now have a highly collaborative environment that is modern, supports the advancement of Arts and provides a safe place for YOUTH CREATIVES and other COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATIONS to collaborate.
We are here to ensure that we support artists of all walks of life by equipping them with the resources, facility and tools needed to excel at the next level of creative demand
Financial & staff info
• Through our photography and media services, we raised over $270,000 to support our operationss
• Generous donation of $6,500 from Mt. Eva Baptist Church in Terry MS - Silver Sponsor
• Private donations of $19,270 to support development of the Maryland Arts Center
You helped us hire 42 Independent Contractors! Thank you! 8 of these new entrepreneurs now have their own businesses and are thriving!
Grant Awards: 3 applications. None received.
Our first mentoree employee, Xavier Randall, graduated from Towson University with a Major in Business Administration and minors in Photography. To date, Xaver has participated in multiple events with the company from 2010 to present and has traveled around the world in support of ArtsGroup projects.
onward to future!
• #theschoolthatbridesbuilt was a success! The school has been built! Yay! You helped us pave the way for PHASE II of our mission objectives! It's now time for the #coopetitionproject.
Tots to Teens Support
Special and super duper "Big time" support
• Selected by TransAfrica.org as the media firm tasked with capturing the week-long memorial services for the United States. We were honored to be able to honor a world leader with a commemorative video. Special thanks to our superstar team - Millicent, Taylor, Senia and Kylila!
• In collaboration with Taylor Thomas, WHUR & The Better Family - ArtsGroup Supports the 2nd and 3rd Annual Tots To Teens Expo at the Washington Convention Center.
The 2015 Tots to Teens Expo is a unique family-focused, kid-friendly event for residents of Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia. Spanning 140,000 square feet, the Expo delivers info on children’s education, STEAM (Science, Technology, Arts & Math), healthy living, and fitness. Also featured are: 3,000 square feet of inflatables; cooking, fitness and performance stages, science fair, mobile video trucks, reading lounge, health and dental screenings, automotive displays, tennis, soccer, rock climbing and up to 600 interactive exhibitors.
Projected 2015 attendance: 10,000 + consumers
70% are adult woman, 25 – 54, with an average family size of 4
Attendee’s reside primarily in DC proper, Southern Maryland and Northern Virginia
80% of Expo attendees purchased goods or services from our exhibitors
Average attendee household income is $90K
PHASE TWO IS NOW OPERATIONAL
NOW INITIATING OUR 3-YEAR SUPPORT PROJECT FOR FELLOW COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATIONS
All proceeds from ArtsGroup Photography and Cinema professional services support our charitable mission in Arts education. To learn more about our mission, please visit us at the link below:
Thank you to all of our 2013 contributors whom helped us create an amazing outlet for youth in the Washington DC Metro Area.